5 Ways to Experience a Gertrude Salon
Now that you know what to expect from your first Gertrude salon, you may want to know the different types of salons we offer. There are five, to be specific. That’s five different ways to interact with and experience art. And while you can be sure that each event will live up to Gertrude’s high standards each type of event maintains its own, defining features.
1. Traditional Salon: Our first and most frequent event, the Traditional Salon offers guests the chance to view and discuss art in an intimate, personal setting.
- Led by a curator, an individual with demonstrated expertise in the subject of the event who facilitates the discussion between guests and artist
- Click here to see an upcoming Traditional Salon
2. Studio Visit: Studio Visits are a chance to experience the artistic, intimate ambiance of Salons against the backdrop of an artist’s working studio.
- Guests can experience the very space in which the works were created
- Allow guests to learn more about - and perhaps even glimpse - an artist’s upcoming work
- Click here to see more about Studio Visits
3. Exhibit Preview & Tour: Our exhibit tours takes a small group of guests on a private tour of a museum exhibit.
- Tours are led by an expert on the work, so that guests can learn about the show from someone who truly knows the art
- Guests can bypass the long lines for a popular exhibits
- For example: our upcoming Salon and brunch
4. Performance: Our performances offer guests the chance to experience art in motion, to witness a performance art piece, and even, perhaps, become a part of it.
- Guests will be led through the piece by a curator and the artist.
- Click here to learn more about a past performance
5. Soiree: Some art is so great, you can’t help but celebrate. Our Soirees invite guests to enjoy some fine art while sipping a glass of Pommery champagne or enjoying a freshly cooked meal.
- To see learn more about Soirees click here
To learn more about our Salons and find any upcoming events click here.